A Complete Guide About Campfire Spray
No camping experience is truly complete without a campfire. The fire provides light amidst the darkness of the wild outdoors, keeps you warm and cozy in the cold, prevents any dangerous animals or insects from coming near your campsite, and even provides a place to make food. Complete Guide About Campfire Spray
However, it is vital to note that fires are not something to play around with. They can cause life-threatening damage, especially when they get out of hand. A great way to eliminate such risks and prevent the fire from getting out of control is by making use of a campfire spray. It would not only help keep your fire in control the way you want but would also make your camping experience more relaxed and enjoyable.
If you know nothing about what this aerosol chemical is and how it is used, do not worry. Go over this article till the end to find out everything regarding about this spray.
What is a Campfire Spray?
This spray is a special liquid chemical spray that is formulated to put down or extinguish a fire as well as prevent it from spreading further. It comes in a spray bottle or an aerosol can that can be operated by anyone with ease. The campfire spray chemicals are non-toxic as well as biodegradable Complete Guide About Campfire Spray, hence, they will not cause any harm to the environment after use.
The spray can be used directly over an open fire or even the surrounding surfaces to stop the fire from spreading around or to reduce the intensity of the heat and fire flames.
Since the spray comes in an easy-to-carry and portable container, it can be taken anywhere you go, be it hiking, camping, or just exploring the outsides.
How to Use a Campfire Chemical Spray?
As mentioned earlier, using a campfire aerosol spray is an easy task and you do not have to be a professional camper to know how to use it. Just follow these simple steps to use it properly.
- Before using the spray, shake the container properly to get all the campfire spray constituents mixed well.
- Next, position the container in such a way that the nozzle points in the direction of the fire.
- Press the nozzle and continue the spraying process until the fire has reduced or become extinguished, depending on what you need.
- If the fire has grown a lot, you may have to repeat the process a few more times until your desired outcome has been achieved.
It is important to note that you must read the instructions given on the can before use to ensure everything goes smoothly.
You should also remember to never use this spray on fires that have been caught on electrical circuits or wirings.
When should a Campfire Aerosol Spray be Used?
This chemical spray can be used on multiple occasions if need be. These include:
- The campfire has grown very large or has become out of control and has started to spread to the surroundings.
- You want to decrease the heat and levels of flames of the fire.
- Your camping trip has come to an end and you want to put off the fire before leaving the camping spot.
- You do not have any other materials like water to put down the fire.
Working of a Campfire Chemical Spray
As soon as you release the campfire spray contents from the can by pressing the nozzle, a foam or gel layer is formed on the surface where the spray is directed towards. This layer of foam or gel works to decrease the fire intensity, heat, and flames, thus, preventing it from spreading further and eventually Complete Guide About Campfire Spray, extinguishing it safely. The foam or gel blocks oxygen from reaching the fire directly which helps reduce the flames. It also provides a cooling effect that ultimately decreases the temperature and makes the fire-extinguishing process easier.
You can use this fire-extinguishing spray on various types of fires such as fires caused by wood, dry grass, paper, fabric, and other materials that combust easily.
Campfire Spray Benefits
There are many advantages when it comes to using this spray. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Immediate Effects: This spray provides immediate effects and helps reduce or extinguish fires within a few seconds.
- Simple to Use: The spray is very simple, easy, and straightforward to use. Hence, you do not need to be an expert or have the proper training to use it.
- Easy to Carry: Its container is portable and quite easy to carry. Hence, you can put it in your carry-on bag anywhere you go.
- Environment-friendly: All the constituents and chemicals used in its making are non-toxic. They are also biodegradable; hence, they will not harm the environment or life in any way.
- Pocket-friendly: The spray is quite affordable to purchase and will not burden you financially.
- Large Availability: These sprays are easily available everywhere. You can find one at most outdoor stores as well as in numerous shopping marts, both in-store as well as online.
Purchase a Campfire Gel or Foam Spray
If you are planning to go on a camping trip or a hike, it is best to keep it with your other essentials. Its leading demand and growing popularity have made it easily available anywhere you go. You can purchase it from different outdoor stores throughout the country, in grocery stores, 24/7 community shops, hardware stores, and even in medical emergency supply shops.
You can also purchase a campfire spray online from the comfort of your home. By browsing through different online stores, you can compare various brands, and their prices, and find the for your use. con
Make sure to purchase it from the best brand by carefully looking at their ingredient list, usually mentioned on the spray’s container. Make sure all the campfire spray ingredients are non-toxic Complete Guide About Campfire Spray, non-hazardous, and safe for the environment.
Numerous brands have been selling these spray containers. Some of these brands include Fire Ice, Flame Out, and Fire Ade. These brands have different campfire spray prices listed, depending on the size of the containers and the volume of the substance they are selling. Choose a spray that you think would work best for you.
Things to Do and Not Do while using a Campfire Aerosol Spray
There are many Dos and Don’ts of using this chemical.
Here are some of the things you must keep in mind while using it.
- Make sure that the container of the spray is always within your reach to use it in an emergency.
- Carefully read, comprehend, and follow all the instructions given on the spray’s container before use.
- Use this spray only in the outdoors, such as in a jungle, an open picnic spot, a hiking camp, etc.
- In case of extinguishing a fire, make sure to properly spray the can all over the burning surface to ensure everything gets covered and is put off properly.
- This spray should always be used as a supplement to aid in your safety practices regarding a fire, and should not be used as a substitute.
- Always remember to have a safety backup plan in action in case the spray runs out, does not work, or the fire cannot be extinguished by it.
Here are some things you must never do while using the spray.
- Using it on fires that are indoors or in bounded areas such as in a kitchen, chimney, a fireplace in the house, etc.
- Trying to use the spray to extinguish fires on electrical circuits or wirings, etc.
- Spraying the contents of the spray in a living being’s eyes or face.
- Ingesting its contents.
- Using it near materials that easily catch fire or in a windy environment.
- Completely rely on it to put down a fire without any proper methods to extinguish a fire or without any backup safety procedures.
- Damaging, destroying, or puncturing the container after the spray has run out.
- Discarding the campfire spray container without any proper management.
The Best Way to Extinguish a Fire: Water vs. Campfire Aerosol Spray
While using water to extinguish a fire is one of the most popular methods, using this aerosol campfire extinguishing chemical to do the needful might be a better choice. Here are some of the reasons why.
Water might Spread the Fire
If you directly pour water over a large campfire, it can sometimes cause the existing fire to spread even further and increase in size. This particularly occurs if the fire was caused by grease or oil.
However, the campfire extinguishing spray can effectively extinguish a fire, especially those caused by materials that are flammable like wood, paper, dry grass, etc. This special chemical spray creates a layer of foam or gel Complete Guide About Campfire Spray, depending on its type, over the surface of the fire, blocking the oxygen supply and hence, cooling it off and finally putting the entire fire down.
Water can Harm the Environment
The residue that is left behind after water is used to put down a fire can damage the environment. On the other hand, the spray is designed in a way that all its chemicals are toxic-free and non-hazardous, hence, they can be used easily to extinguish a fire without the risk of causing any harm to the environment.
Water might be Inaccessible at Times
There might be several situations where you need water to extinguish a fire but do not have any at hand. Campfire aerosol sprays work best in such scenarios since they are portable and easy to carry. You can take the container in your bags anywhere you go and they are ready to be used in case of emergencies.
On the contrary, you might not always have water ready to pour over a burning and growing fire. Carrying water in large containers, especially if you are going uphill on a hike is not practically possible due to the inconvenience it would cause.
Hence, using a campfire spray to extinguish a fire rather than using water to do so is a more practical and convenient method.
How to store a campfire spray properly when not in use?
Keep it in a cool and dry space. Make sure it is away from any direct sunlight or other sources of heat. The spray container must be positioned in an upright manner. It should not be damaged, punctured, or rusted. This way you can store this spray properly when it is not in use.
How can you dispose of a campfire aerosol spray?
After your spray container is empty, take it to a nearby recycling center or facility that collects hazardous waste materials to dispose of the container properly. Make sure to not puncture or break the empty container as it can still cause an explosion as well as release any harmful gases and chemicals that can be lethal.
What size of a campfire spray should you choose?
You can choose a size from small to extra-large of spray, depending on your needs. The size of the container that you shall need mainly depends on how big of a campfire you make and the frequency with which your camping trips are planned.
If you make a small campfire or go on a camping trip just a few times, then purchasing a small size would suffice. However Complete Guide About Campfire Spray, if your campfires are big and you make camping trips frequently, then purchasing a larger spray can or even multiple cans would be required.
What types of campfire sprays are available in the market?
Two types are very common; water-based and foam-based sprays. You can choose either depending on your requirements as well as your budget. Make sure the can you buy is safe and non-hazardous, both for you as well as for the environment.